Here is our roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
- MMGY Global welcomed Julie Freeman as its executive vice president and managing director of public relations. Freeman will lead MMGY’s worldwide public relations practice, from PR strategy to new business development and integration of PR initiatives into overall marketing support. Freeman previously was executive vice president and deputy director of Edelman’s global travel and hospitality practice.
- MassMedia Corporate Communications promoted Kassi Belz to president and Georgeann Pizzi to vice president. Belz now oversees corporate account teams and projects, focusing on strategic communication planning and budgets, and Pizzi now is responsible for planning and executing strategic communications campaigns. Both have several years experience in the industry and have been lauded for their role in the expansion of MassMedia and its services.
- Rubenstein PR has welcomed and promoted two staff: Monique Dinor joined the firm as vice president and Alex Studnicky has been promoted to human resources generalist. Dinor has more than 12 years experience in media and PR, and an extensive background leading strategic marketing and PR strategies. Studnicky joined RPR in 2011 as an associate publicist and now will lead recruitment and new employee orientations, internal events and overall company development.
- San Diego PR agency J. Walcher Communications has picked up two new clients: law firm Kirby Noonan Lance & Hoge LLC and Infantino. J. Walcher Communications was founded in 2001 and represents a range of local, regional and national clients in consumer products, hospitality, real estate development, associations, professional services and more.
- CPR Strategic Marketing Communications named Joshua Garay its director of web development and social media for its healthcare, life sciences medical device and information technology division. Garay has more than a decade of experience developing websites and consulting on technology, and holds an MBA from Baruch College.
- Vox Solid Communications brought Marci Bylund on staff as its public relations and social media manager. Bylund oversees and executes social media efforts for Vox clients in addition to working on PR strategies and supervising photo and video shoots. Bylund’s 16 years of experience spans the tech, consumer and tourism industries.
- Arketi Group was honored with a 2013 PR Daily Award for ‘Best Use of Twitter’ in its campaign with the Technology Association of Georgia. The campaign promoted Georgia’s technology industry through a Technology Tweet Tournament, which pitted 16 of Georgia’s top technology tweeters in a bracket-style competition to raise awareness. Also at Arketi, senior account supervisor Joy Reddy was selected to contribute to the first volume of PR News’ 2013 Media Relations Guidebook. In chapter three, Reddy shared seven steps PR professionals can use to maximize the chance of getting media placement.
If you have content for PR & Marketing Wins, Moves & Other News, e-mail prwins.us (at) cision.com.
For more insight, download our PR Resource Kit, which includes 10 Tips for How PR Pros Should Be Using Social Media, 10 Tips for Getting Your Pitch Read – and Reported, and a 40-minute Q&A video with a panel of media professionals.