Here is our bi-weekly roundup of new talent, account wins and other PR and marketing industry news. Read below to find out about your competitors and friends, and be sure to share comments and discussion points!
- Weber Shandwick’s North American president, Cathy Calhoun, was recognized for her contributions to her community, the industry, and her 20th anniversary with the firm with a mayoral proclamation designating July 12 as Cathy Calhoun Day in Chicago.
- Beehive PR added seven new clients to its roster during the first half of 2012. Their new clients represent a number of industries and assignments, and consist of: Friends of Boundary Waters, HLT, JB Hudson Jewelers, Answer Innovation, Aulik & Associates, Murphy Warehouse Company, and Women’s Foundation of Minnesota.
- Sarah Sackett has left The Peninsula Chicago, where she was a public relations and marketing coordinator, to take a position at Isabelli Media Relations. Elmer Carbajal has replaced her at The Peninsula Chicago and can be reached at email@example.com.
- Provider of mobile technology solutions, CorFire, has selected Arketi Group as its agency of record. Arketi will build on the 2011 campaign it built for CorFire, which included rebranding and messaging.
- Bitrex selected Izzo Gaudelli Communications to launch its national public relations campaign, which will focus on enhancing awareness of the safety ingredient brand, trade show support and partnerships with government and non-government organizations.
If you have a suggestion or want to appear in PR & Marketing Wins, Moves & Other News, please e-mail prwins.us(at)cision.com or call 312-873-6359.